Children’s Ministry Programs
Children are very important to us at Olivet Baptist Church. We want to be a support to you and your kids as you raise them. In the Bible, as we read about Jesus and his ministry on earth, it is very evident that Jesus loves the little children and so should we! We have had a Children’s Ministry Coordinator on staff since 2001 and Ruth Jones has been fulfilling this role since 2004. Following her resignation in April 2016, Malcolm and Lois Postings continued to carry the torch. Currently, we have a team running the program.
Mondays After School – KidZone!
This year, 2016-17, at KidZone, our lessons this year will help kids develop friendships, strengthen Bible skills and learn how to trust in God. It is going to be a great year. Make sure to register your child today and encourage them to invite a friend!
- No registration fee
- Great snacks served each day
- Well supervised
- Van transportation provided to the church from both GBCS and SVE
- Fun & Active songs
- Bible stories
- Activity centre choices includes: crafts, games, baking, colouring, sports, and more
Children aged JK to Grade 6 are all welcome at our KidZone program which runs Mondays after school starting October each year. It is a free program run by nearly 20 volunteer members of the church. The program includes a nutritious snack, lively songs, an interesting Bible story, some small group discussion times, a rotation of fun activity centres the children choose for themselves, games, crafts, drama, baking, sports, special days and more!
Registration required for KidZone
Our online registration form
Please note that all fields are required. Please enter none or n/a for fields that don’t apply.
By clicking the submit button, you agree that you have read and will abide by all the information on this page.
Terms and Conditions:
There is NO registration fee. Olivet has a child’s code of conduct. We try to accommodate all our participants but reserve the right to call parents/guardians to pickup their children if their behaviour is beyond our reasonable control. Transportation is available after school from either GBCS or SVE. Please indicate which school your child will be picked-up from. The school and the church must be notified if we are picking up your child. In the interest of your child’s safety, we ask that all children be picked up downstairs at 5:30 pm. Please notify us if there is any special departure/pick-up information in the form above. All kids in JK/SK must be picked up by an adult. These children will not be dismissed on their own.
By checking the photography yes button, you grant permission for the reasonable use of pictures containing your child such as slideshows, KidZone display or newsletter. We will not be posting any pictures of children’s faces on the internet.
During Church Time
We minister to children in three ways:
1. Nursery and Toddler room for Infant to 2 Years available throughout the whole service. These rooms, newly renovated, are well-equipped with toys and books for the toddlers with cribs, a change table, and rocking chairs for the babies. There are always two adults plus junior helpers to supervise these young ones. Your child must be signed in and out and permission given to change diapers, etc.
2. KidsChurch for children who are 3 to 11 years old. This special time which includes games, crafts, a Bible story, and snack begins part way through the church service. There are always two adults and one to two young helpers to supervise during this time.
3. Pew packs are made available each week for those children who are too old for KidsChurch. Individual zip-lock bags include a variety of activity sheets and pencil crayons to keep children occupied during the “message” time. These are available at the back of the auditorium. Please ask a greeter or usher for assistance.
Vacation Bible School [VBS] – Each year (since June 2000) during the last week of school we run an action packed, fun-filled and exciting VBS program. This is always the highlight of our Children’s Ministry year! We run it after school from 3:30 to 6:00 pm. A bus picks the children up at the Meaford schools and brings them to the church. Each year is a different theme. Bible story, fun games, creative crafts and the VBS store are some of the activities during this time. Before we know it, it is time to go home, and wait for the adventure to begin again the next day!!